TExES Qualifier: 178 Art EC-12
The registration of TExES Qualifier: 178 Art EC-12 is available online at http://testing.las.uh.edu. You may also register in person in Room 204 Student Service Center 1 at least 48 hours before the scheduled test time and date.
It is your responsibility to select the type of TExES Qualifier exams you plan to take. There will be NO TEST CHANGE and NO REFUND.
THE TExES QUALIFIER IS NOT THE TExES CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION.
The Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) is the certification examination program. In the fall of 2002, the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) implemented a new teacher certification examination program that will, over the next few years, supplant the Examination for the Certification of Educators in Texas (ExCET), which has been the state`s teacher certification exam since 1986.
TExES Qualifier tests are criterion-referenced examinations designed to measure a candidate`s knowledge in relation to an established criterion rather than to the performance of other candidates. All of the tests in the TExES programs contain multiple-choice questions.
In an effort to provide greater access to testing, some TExES Qualifier tests are also available via computer-based.
If you are a currently enrolled student at the University of Houston main campus, you will be billed $15.00.
The fee for non-UH students is $35.00.
Duration: Three hours
- Paper-based: Your scores will be available in two business days after 2:00 pm in Room 204 of the Student Service Center 1.
You must present a current ID for your scores to be released. In order to receive your scores, you must also create an account at https://testing.las.uh.edu
If you wish to have your scores mailed, you should bring a self-addressed stamped envelope on the day of your test. Please turn in your envelope during the check-in period prior to testing.
- Computer-based: immediately (Scores will be available upon completion of test)
ALL TExES QUALIFIER EXAMS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. If you wish to change the test to a different test date and time, you must reregister and pay the full testing fee again..
The computer-based test is administered Monday to Saturday several times a day. Examinee must come at the scheduled test time and date.
Arriving 15 minutes after the scheduled test date and time is considered ABSENT and will have to register for another test date.
The TExES qualifying examinations are available in the following areas:
- 160 - TExES Qualifier: Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) EC-12
- 191 - TExES Qualifier: Generalist EC-6
- 102 - TExES Qualifier: Bilingual Education Supplemental EC-4
- 103 - TExES Qualifier: Bilingual Generalist EC-4
- 117 - TExES Qualifier: English Language Arts and Reading 4-8
- 131 - TExES Qualifier: English Language Arts and Reading 8-12
- 115 - TExES Qualifier: Mathematics 4-8
- 135 - TExES Qualifier: Mathematics 8-12
- 116 - TExES Qualifier: Science 4-8
- 136 - TExES Qualifier: Science 8-12
- 118 - TExES Qualifier: Social Studies 4-8
- 132 - TExES Qualifier: Social Studies 8-12
- 133 - TExES Qualifier: History 8-12
- 137 - TExES Qualifier: Physical Science 8-12
- 138 - TExES Qualifier: Life Science 8-12
- 177 - TExES Qualifier: Music EC-12
- 178 - TExES Qualifier: Art EC-12
|Qualifier||Number of Items||Time Allowed (Hours)|
103-Bil Generalist EC-4 (Long)
|Subject Test Qualifiers||Number of Items||Time Allowed (Hours)|
Students need to attempt the PPR and content benchmarks now in order to receive a barcode to sit for the official TExES Certification Examination. Please see our updated recommended testing schedule Testing ScheduleCandidates are required to register for the official TExES Certification Examination via the College of Education Certification page. Preparation materials for the TExES examinations are found at http://www.texes.ets.org/texes/prepMaterials/
Students taking the TExES Qualifier exam CANNOT take the same test on the same day.
If you take the same test on the same day, your test score will be INVALIDATED.