TExES Qualifier: 132-Social Studies 8-12
THE TExES QUALIFIER IS NOT THE TExES CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION.
The Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) is the new certification examination program. In the fall of 2002, the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) implemented a new teacher certification examination program that will, over the next few years, supplant the Examination for the Certification of Educators in Texas (ExCET), which has been the state`s teacher certification exam since 1986.
The registration of TExES Qualifier: 136-Science 8-12 is available online at http://testing.las.uh.edu. You may also register in person in Room 204 Student Service Center 1 at least 48 hours before the scheduled test time and date.
It is your responsibility to select the type of TExES Qualifier exams you plan to take. There will be NO TEST CHANGE and NO REFUND.
You can not take the same type of TExES Qualifier exam on the same day. If you take the same test on the same day, your test score will be INVALIDATED.
The TExES qualifying examinations are available in the following areas:
- 160 - TExES Qualifier: Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) EC-12
- 191 - TExES Qualifier: Generalist EC-6
- 102 - TExES Qualifier: Bilingual Education Supplemental EC-4
- 103 - TExES Qualifier: Bilingual Generalist EC-4
- 117 - TExES Qualifier: English Language Arts and Reading 4-8
- 131 - TExES Qualifier: English Language Arts and Reading 8-12
- 115 - TExES Qualifier: Mathematics 4-8
- 135 - TExES Qualifier: Mathematics 8-12
- 116 - TExES Qualifier: Science 4-8
- 136 - TExES Qualifier: Science 8-12
- 118 - TExES Qualifier: Social Studies 4-8
- 132 - TExES Qualifier: Social Studies 8-12
- 133 - TExES Qualifier: History 8-12
- 137 - TExES Qualifier: Physical Science 8-12
- 138 - TExES Qualifier: Life Science 8-12
- 177 - TExES Qualifier: Music EC-12
- 178 - TExES Qualifier: Art EC-12
|Qualifier||Number of Items||Time Allowed (Hours)|
BIL EC-4 (Long version)
|Subject Test Qualifiers||Number of Items||Time Allowed (Hours)|
These practice tests are qualifying TExES examinations. You must pass a qualifying TExES with a score of 240 (75% before January 1, 2005) in order to receive a barcode for the official TExES. After you pass this exam, you must follow the guidelines for registering for the official TExES posted on the College of Education Certification page.For preparation materials for the TExES, please visit TExES website at http://www.texes.ets.org/prepMaterials/.
If you have a question about any of the TExES qualifying exams, please call the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC), Office of Accountability at (512) 238-3200.
The test is administered Monday to Saturday several times a day.Examinee must come at the scheduled test time and date.
Arriving 15 minutes after the scheduled test date and time is considered ABSENT and will have to register for another test date.
SCORES: Scores will be available upon completion of test.
Paper-based: Your scores will be available in two business days after 2:00 pm in Room 204 of the Student Service Center 1.
You must present a current ID for your scores to be released. In order to receive your scores, you must also create an account at https://testing.las.uh.edu
If you wish to have your scores mailed, you should bring a self-addressed stamped envelope on the day of your test. Please turn in your envelope during the check-in period prior to testing.
If you are a currently enrolled student at the University of Houston main campus, you will be billed $15.00.
The fee for non-UH students is $35.00.
The fee is NON REFUNDABLE. If you wish to change the test to a different test date and time, you must reregister and pay the full testing fee again.
Students taking the TExES Qualifier exam CANNOT take the same test on the same day.
If you take the same test on the same day, your test score will be INVALIDATED.