PRAXIS I: PPST - Computer-Based
Praxis I: Computerized Pre-Professional Skills Tests (PPST®) are computer delivered tests in Reading, Mathematics, and Writing. The Writing Test includes an essay section. The use of calculators for the Mathematics test is prohibited.
Please call 713.743.5386 Monday - Friday to register for the PRAXIS I: PPST® at the University of Houston.
Test Center Number is 7514 - University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Road, 204 Student Service Center 1, Houston, Texas 77204-3025.
Phone and walk-in registration is available from 9:00 am-11:00 am and 1:00 pm-4:00 pm only when space is available.
Call toll free 1-800-853-6773 to schedule appointments at a center near you, or
Visit ETS website at www.ets.org/register.html.
Telephone registrations require either a valid credit card number (American Express, MasterCard, or Visa) or PRAXIS voucher number.
Test sessions begin at 7:30 am or 11:30 am Monday thru Saturday. Additional evening test sessions are available at 3:00 pm Mondays and Tuesdays.
PRAXIS I: Computerized PPST® FEES
PRAXIS I: PPST fee is payable by American Express, Master Card, Visa, or PRAXIS voucher number if you register by phone, or American Express, Master Card, Visa, check, money order, or PRAXIS voucher if you do walk-in registration. The following are the fees:
- One Test = $90
- Combined Tests = $150.00
RESCHEDULING: Candidates may reschedule the test at least 3 (three) business days before the scheduled appointment. There will be a rescheduling (or transfer) fee. To reschedule, please call 713.743.3586 or call Prometric® Candidate Services at 1-800-853-6773.
CANCELLATION/REFUND: Cancellation must be done at least 3 (three) business days before the scheduled appointment. If candidates cancel an appointment within the permitted time and do not wish to reschedule, ETS will refund $20.00 per test and $60.00 for the combined test. If candidates are absent or cancel after the deadline, they will not receive a refund.
To cancel, please call 713.743.3586 or call Prometric® Candidate Services at 1-800-853-6773.
Candidates must send refund requests to:
The Praxis Series
CBT Cancellation Refund Request
P.O. Box 6051
Princeton, NJ 08541-6051.
TEST FORMAT AND CONTENT:
The Computerized Pre-Professional Skills Tests (PPST) in Reading, Mathematics, and Writing is now offered as a combined test that is delivered as a single testing session. Candidates have the option to register for the individual tests or the combined test. The combined test provides a cost savings to those candidates who choose to avail themselves of the option. Records indicate that a significant percentage of candidates register to take all three tests on the same day. The combined test was developed to provide a more convenient and cost-effective option to as many candidates as possible.
The combined test consists of four separately timed sections: Reading, Mathematics, multiple-choice Writing, and essay Writing. The appointment time for the combined test is be 4½ hours. This will allow time for review of the tutorial, collection of background information, an optional 15-minute break between the Mathematics and Writing sections of the test, and the actual testing time. The length and testing time for each test or section of the combined test and fees is as follows:
The length and testing time for each test is as follows:
- Reading: 1hour 25minutes (Fee $90)
- Mathematics: 1hour 25minutes (Fee $90)
- Writing: 1hour 40minutes (Fee $90)
SCORING AND REPORTING
- Candidates will be able to view their unofficial scores for the Reading and Mathematics sections at the test center when they complete the test. A score for the Writing test will not be available immediately because all essays must be sent to ETS for scoring
- ETS will send official score reports to the candidates and designated score recipients within two to three weeks
- Questions concerning test scores can be referred to ETS at (609) 771-7395
Before candidates viewing the scores, the computer gives the option of canceling score when candidates finish each test. Once candidates have viewed the score, it cannot be cancelled. If candidates choose to cancel the score, they cannot view it on the computer screen and it cannot be reinstated. NO REFUND will be given after canceling score.
Candidates may also choose to stop (quit) taking a test. If candidates select the Quit option during the test, they will receive no score and no refund.
Candidates may take each Computerized PPST test once per calendar month up to six (6) times in a 12-month period. The retest policy applies even if the examinee canceled the scores on a test previously taken. If candidates violate this restriction, the scores from the retest will not be reported and the test fees will not be refunded.
- If you register to take test at UH, please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete registration process.
- Assigned seats on user-friendly IBM computers.
- Untimed practice session available before test.
- Time can be displayed on computer while you are being tested.
- Once a question is answered, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO IT.
- No scheduled rest breaks. Candidates scheduled for more than one PRAXIS test on the same day MUST leave the testing room after the first test is completed. Unscheduled breaks are permitted.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE TEST CENTER:
- Photo ID (Driver’s license, photo employment ID, current passport, or military ID).
Alternative ID: a notarized college stationary letter provided by the dean’s office that have candidate’s picture sealed with school’s stamp.
- Social Security Number.
- Names of up to three designated score recipients of agencies or institutions.
Test dates are set by Educational Testing Service and are limited. Registration is based on first-come first-served basis.
Tests are not administered Monday to Saturday (except Holidays). Currently, the following dates have been set and are subject to change:
|Jan. 1-31, 2008, except Jan. 1, 21||Jul. 1-31, 2008, except Jul 4|
|Feb. 1-29, 2008||Aug. 1-31, 2008|
|Mar. 1-31, 2008, except Mar. 21||Sep. 1-30, 2008, except Sept. 1|
|Apr. 1-30, 2008||Oct. 1-31, 2008|
|May 1-31, 2008, except May 26||Nov. 1-30, 2008, except Nov. 19-22|
|Jun. 1-30, 2008||Dec. 1-31, 2008, except Dec. 20-31|