GRE - Computer Based
You can register online on the ETS website at www.ets.org/gre.
Or call toll free 1-800-GRE-CALL (1-800-473-2255) or 1.866.473.4373 to schedule appointments.
Test times are 7:00 am or 12:00 pm Monday through Saturday.
The University of Houston Test Center Number is 7514 - University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Road, 204 Student Service Center 1, Houston, Texas 77204-3025.
GRE fee is $205.00 (payable by MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or voucher if you register by phone, or MasterCard, Visa, American Express, check, money order, or voucher if you do walk-in registration).
RESCHEDULING: GRE examinees must reschedule or cancel no later than 10 full days before their appointment (not including the day of the test or the day of the appointment). Example: The deadline to reschedule a Friday appointment is Monday. There will be a rescheduling (or transfer) fee of $50.00.
CANCELLATION/REFUND: Cancellation must be done no later than 3 full days before their appointment (not including the day of the test or the day of the appointment). ETS will refund $60.00 of the registration fee if you cancel your appointment within the proper time period.
TEST CONTENT AND STRUCTURE:
The GRE revised General Test features question types that closely reflects the kind of thinking you`ll do in graduate or business school. It measures your verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills.
The overall testing time for the computer-delivered GRE revised General Test is about three hours and 45 minutes. There are six sections with a 10-minute break following the third section.
- Analytical Writing
- Two separate writing tasks:
- Analyze an Issue - 30 minutes
- Analyze an Argument - 30 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning
- Two 30-minute sections - 20 questions per section
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Two 35-minute sections - 20 questions per section
More information about the GRE test, please visit: www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/about/content/
SCORING AND REPORTING
- Candidates will be able to view their unofficial scores for the verbal and quantitative sections at the test center.
- The scores can be canceled prior to viewing your scores.
- ETS will send official score reports to the candidates and designated score recipients within 10-15 days after the test date.
- Three scores will be reported on verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections.
- The scores are saved and can be requested for a five-year period.
Test dates are set by Educational Testing Service and are limited. Registration is based on first-come first-served basis.
Tests are not administered on Sunday. Currently, the following dates have been set and are subject to change:
Jan 1-31, 2017 except Jan 1-2 & 16
July 1-31,2017 except July 4
Mar 1-31,2017 except Mar 17
Sept 1-30, except 4
May 1-31,2017 except May 29
- If you register to take test at UH, please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete registration process.
- Assigned seats on user-friendly IBM computers.
- Untimed practice session available before test.
- Time can be displayed on computer while you are being tested.
- Scratch paper is provided.
- Once a question is answered, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO IT.
- Optional 10-minute break is allowed during the test.
- You can take the computer-delivered GRE revised General Test once every 21 days, up to 5 times within any continuous rolling 12 month period.
For more information about the GRE revised General Test, please visit: www.ets.org/gre, or call ETS GRE Candidate Inquiry at (609) 771-7970.
Frequently Asked Questions: www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/faq/.